Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Tuesday's Trip

Today was Election Day. We were supposed to be out of school, but due to snow and rain and floods...we had a make-up day. EXCEPT for the Freemans. Alex still had a fever and an unnerving red rash across his cheeks and forehead. Mack "snuck" into the hot, fresh blueberry muffins...that were Fiber One brand. Needless to say..he had a tummy ache. We did go to the doctor and I have to say...THANK YOU to Dr. Kelly. I appreciate his humor and willingness to explore past the obvious. It also lightened my heart when he joined in and sang "Hot Blooded" when he asked "Alex..Do you have a fever?" Alex answered "of one hundred and three?" YOU KNOW THE SONG!! We discovered STREP is causing Alex's rash and fever. WHO KNEW?

We also spent the afternoon running errands for Andy and the business. I AM EXHAUSTED and wonder if I would feel this tired all the time if I did not work outside the home. I applaud "stay-at-home" moms. Yet, really doubt that name is appropriate. If you are like I was today..you may actually be "at home" less than I am. I also applaud folks whose primary job is to deal with sick and crabby people. In my travels today, I was greeted with numerous smiles and cordial greetings. This was nice and not quite expected.

I am praying that tomorrow brings no fevers, no tummy aches, and lots of excellent learning for all. I will remember to appreciate the "normalcy" of my life and be thankful for no chaos. Blessings to all!! and may you find joy..even in desperation!

No comments:

Post a Comment