Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Tuesday's Tirade?

Psalm 37:7-9
Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for him to act. Don’t worry about evil people who prosper or fret about their wicked schemes. Stop being angry! Turn from your rage! Do not lose your temper—it only leads to harm. For the wicked will be destroyed, but those who trust in the Lord will possess the land. (NLT)

BE STILL? WAIT PATIENTLY!! These are the most challenging things for me in my daily walk. When these two issues are challenged..I become angry and then do what? BECOME RAGE-FILLED!! I am pretty sure this verse was written straight for me.... It probably is highlighted in every Bible with a huge footnote that says...See Maria Freeman.

Today I am challenged. I am in need of prayer! I must repent for the sinful nature I have allowed to encompass me. I have been "ugly" about situations that REALLY WON'T MATTER two days or two weeks (much less two years) from now! For this...I am sorry! MY GOD blesses me so fully. He cares for me greatly and takes care of me even when I don't folllow his commands and turn to HIS word in times of trials. For those who have been with me today, I am thankful for you! I know that you share my crazy journey and I know that God put you right here right now to get me back on the path I should be on! Tomorrow is a new day! I am going to turn this over to God. HE has it perfectly planned....maybe I should BE STILL AND PATIENT! and TRUST IN THE LORD!!

Blessings to you!

4 comments:

  1. I just can't help admiring the amazing woman you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria,
    We are not perfect and God really does not expect us to be. You are doing what He expects--walking daily in His word and trying to be a better person. You are an amazing woman, mother, wife, daughter, teacher but most of child of God. Trust and Obey--I know.
    Beth :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was exactly what I needed to hear. I'm so glad Sarah Hollifield told me about your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beth~ Thank you for the reminder of our natural inclination to imperfection! I just hate to "waste" a gift that I have been so lavishly given...by NOT being the person I know I should be. I am still struggling with the OBEY part!

    ReplyDelete