Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

Today is Mother's Day. I am grateful to be a mother. I am grateful to have a wonderful mother. I am grateful to have had motherly women of influence in my lifetime.
I am sad to consider how many people NEVER get that experience.

Mothers are the people who believe in us. They NEVER want to believe we have flaws and always, always look for our redemptive qualities. Mothers listen to us drawn on and on about our latest and greatest discovery (one they made twenty or more years ago). They fix our boo-boos and weep when our hearts are broken. Mothers delight in our cards, letters, phone calls, and now emails. They anticipate our arrivals and despise our departures. Mothers defend us and praise our tiniest of successes. Mothers are phenomenal, gracious, grateful, unselfish and loving. ThanK GOD for Mothers and their influence. Blessings to you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment