Thursday, June 24, 2010

ALLEY CAT!

Tomorrow is a big day. My "#1 youngest son" will turn nine years old.
Alley Cat came into the world with a bang.
I refused to go to the hospital and wait around for thirty hours as I had done one year and nine days earlier.
NO WAY was I waiting another thirty hour shift at The Miriam Cannon Family Center. AND BESIDES..I really
wanted to finish seeing Jeopardy..I was winning big!
On the way to the hospital..the barometer fell and we encountered torrential rains..nearly wrecking our car.
I checked in at the front desk between contractions about two minutes apart. DEEEEEEP BREATHS were my friend.
Alex was born in triage with a desperate plea for ANYONE from our family practice or their associates to
report to my room NOW!!
I had no medicine and was tickled as could be to meet my second miracle.
Alex has continued to bless my life from that moment onward.
He sees thing with an uncanny imagination. He makes me pretend fully to be the character he assigns me.
This allows me the chance to change perspective and realize that his unsolicited hugs and kisses on my
forehead are HUGE and that stressors of life are minute and frivolous.
Alex is funny. His laughter is a melody that fills our home and makes it complete.
Alex is part me...the pouty, pooched lip child who is not happy when he does not get his way...yet forgets while he
is mad..afraid he will miss something wonderful.
Alex is part his father..never uneasy around a horse and quickly willing to assume you want to meet him. One of his first sentences was" I'm Alex Freeman and....would you like to be my friend?"
Alex is a gift and I am grateful I was chosen to receive him!
God bless you my dear, sweet one!

No comments:

Post a Comment