Saturday, June 12, 2010

RELIEF

Today...I was once again myself after a sequence of days which would label me names not very complimentary. Our school changes were announced on Monday and most of us were moved to new rooms. Many were teaching new and undesired subjects and life was a menagerie of chaos followed by conflict sparking what? New chaos? It was an unhealthy and dysfunctional cycle that could not really be broken.

Last night, I gathered on The Patio (yes..it deserves a proper noun demarkation) of a dear friend and vented, laughed, and purged myself of the nasty negativity that inhabited every cell. At 12:30 am when I arrived home, I had a skip in my step and had found that wonderful..."nothing you can do or say to me will bring me down" groove going on.

Today has been fantastic as well. I have clean clothes, a cool home, and the knowledge that Monday there is very little left for me to do to finish the year. I am joyful, full of anticipation of rest and laughter that is sure to come this summer with my boys. I am free...and I thank God for that!

May you find blessings in abundance and troubles within your management level. Happy Weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I love this! I often wish I could be as positive as you! As difficult as it is for me to see "the cup half full" sometimes, I find it easier the more I read and listen to the words you speak! Thank you for that!! Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Mark.... we are blessed!

    ReplyDelete