Wednesday, June 2, 2010

RESPECT!!

I love Aretha Franklin. You know...R-E-S-P-E-C-T!!
Oh and who can forget...."You better think..."?

These two songs bring to mind the way we SHOULD react in all situations. I am bothered to discover how little respect
is awarded by adults to adults. I also am concerned at how rarely we THINK before making decisions of how to handle
one another. We all too often jump to conclusions and ONLY desire to see how we are affected by external stimuli.


This time of year is insane in my work environment. Sadly...respect and thinking fall to the wayside and emotionally
charged craziness ensues. Rumors fly, disrespect flourishes...and we damage one another needlessly!


I pray that for the next 12 days I will be the person I always want to be. I pray that adults will act the way we should....or at least the way we expect children to behave! Let's lose the "do as I say not as I do" attitude and take care of one another and LISTEN fully with our hearts!

AND YES....Aretha will have to be stuck on replay in my mind!!

Thank you Motown for your infinite wisdom!

No comments:

Post a Comment