Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Laughter! and REALITY!

Last night my mother and I saw the show "Girls Only". IT WAS FABULOUS!
It felt good to laugh. My face hurts. My head hurt last night...from lack of oxygen.
The actresses/ comedians celebrated women. WITH ALL OUR INSANITY!
It was lovely and delightful.
The best part was sharing the fun with my mom. She is the best and I am grateful to have her in my life.
Often as women, we get too caught up in competition and play the 'my problem is bigger than your problem" game....or we have a brag fest about how wonderful things are. GET REAL PEOPLE...if I came to your house right now....would the majority of those things be true...or is it how we WISH things were?
How much better would we be if we admitted our difficulties to one another and helped each other through them?
What if for once we said...I am having a crazy day...my kids are driving me nuts, my husband does not care about what color I want to paint the bathroom, and even the dog does not want my attention.
DID YOU NOT LAUGH? WHY? Because you totally get it...
So my challenge for today...be real...tell the truth..and learn to LAUGH about it!!

Thanks be to God for the women in my life...you force me to be a better person!

No comments:

Post a Comment