Sunday, June 20, 2010

FAMILY ROOTS

Today is Father's Day. I am blessed to have a wonderful father. If you don't know my dad... let me share a bit about him.
He is a smart alec...a little sarcastic. I think I may have gotten that gene...
He is smart. I can never, ever beat him at Jeopardy or Trivial Pursuit (even when I tried to memorize the entire deck of cards).
He is funny and mostly puts on his happy face. I know several nursing units over the past couple of years that have been genuinely sad to see him get better. He does not complain and "grins and bears it" through most trying situations.
My dad is a wonderful encourager. If you ever think you can't do something...his first question will likely be WHY NOT??
My dad is spontaneous. As a kid, he would call Mom and I and tell us to pack a bag...we never knew where we would end up...but he almost always made sure we had a pool. THANKS! He continues this tradition when he "kidnaps" the boys. They always come home with a Papa story!
My dad is talented. He has a gorgeous voice. NO ONE on Earth can sing The Lord's Prayer like he does.
My dad is unique, wonderful, and UNFORGETTABLE!
Do you know him? If not...you need to!

1 comment: