Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Satisfaction!

Today was the day before the last day of school. I was supposed to be packing my room to move to another part of the building. I did not do so and am sorry for clogging the well oiled machine of change.
BUT YOU SEE..... this is the thing...I had some very important business to take care of.

Instead, I shared sickly rich morsels of caloric delights with my students. I read to them and entertained them with my crazy antics...just one more time. We laughed and smiled and enjoyed one another as good friends so easily do.

They should have been bonkers...but each time I paused they were spellbound by the novel and begged me to keep reading.

These moments are the ones I will treasure. When they linger and wait around for just one more hug or high five, yelling "BYE MRS. FREEMAN... I love you!! I will come find you in August."

At this moment.... I am satisfied. My weight, messy home, crazy gray hairs, or the fact that world peace does not exist...can not steal my joy! And for this moment...I am thankful to have been blessed to be a teacher. Praise be to God for his unending love and guidance.

No comments:

Post a Comment