Saturday, June 12, 2010

For Jessica

1 Timothy 4:12
Don’t let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity. (NLT)


Tonight is my cousin Jessica's high school graduation. I had the pleasure of having lunch with her and her family and could not be prouder of her.
I have memories of this beautiful brown eyed baby eating lemon upon lemon at her Uncle George's wedding rehearsal party. BOY....what faces she could make.
Jessica was cute and funny and lots of fun to play with.
Jessica was the flower girl in our wedding. She was gorgeous and perfect and floated down the aisle as she carefully placed each and every petal.
How can it be that she is nearly eighteen years old? And heading off to college?
I have enjoyed viewing her journey.
I have enjoyed watching her grow.
I am pleased to call her my friend.

I know that God has amazing things on her horizon. She is beautiful. She is intelligent. She is determined and strong.
She has a love for the Lord. I admire who she is and what she stands for.

I love Jessica for all that she has been and all that she will be!
God's blessings sweet girl!! It is your time to shine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment