Thursday, July 7, 2011

Anticipation... MAKING ME WAIT!!

We have exciting things on our horizon. Vacation, VBS, pool time, sports physicals... etc., .etc. All these things cause us to have enthusiastic and hopeful feelings. We are really looking for opportunities to fill ourselves back up... with happiness, replacement memories, rest, peace, and joy. Carly Simon even sang a song about it.. Anticipation.. is making me late.. Anticipation is making me wait... THE BEST PART OF ALL IS... the anticipation. All too often we are let down, deflated, depressed, and dejected after the much anticipated event is over. But here is the thing~ Carly (in her musical genius and wisdom) finishes off the song by singing "And stay right here 'cause these are the good old days". RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW is all I am guaranteed. I should rejoice in the moment and make it ALL I want it to be. I should bring joy to wherever I am, in whatever ways I can.. and stay right here.. 'cause these are the good old days.

Thanks be to God for all HE does and his gracious anticipation of tomorrows to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment