Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Child Care, Motherly Love, and A-ha Moments....

Today the boys and I had the honor of sitting for a friend's (almost) one year old son. The boys.. those ones that I scarily navigated through their first year. The ones that I often observed in disbelief as my husband would know.. just know what they needed. Most of the time.. he was right. As MY babies and I played with and cared for this little one today.. I found my mommy groove. I knew.. just knew when he needed to be changed. I knew... just knew when to go to his room and rock him. I knew.. just knew when he was really asleep and when it was safe to lay him in his crib without any great awakenings.
My boys were amazed.. they had those puzzled, yet awed faces that every once in a while I achieve because I know.. just know.. exactly what they need. It causes me to stop and thank GOD for mothers intuition; for HIM knowing.. just knowing.. the mother I needed... and being gracious enough to give her to me! AND for granting me the opportunity to put into practice with my own two the things she knew.. just knew!!

No comments:

Post a Comment