Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Natural Highs...

Today has been a series of natural highs...
1- Seeing my oldest son on the front page.. the FRONT page of our local newspaper enjoying living history with people who love it. Proud moments... for my son, my community, and for people who go unheralded.
2- Seeing and touching (in one case) animals I never knew existed. I love learning something new and really need to be reminded that the world is sooooo much bigger than I consider.
3- Lunch with a bevy of friends and leaving them feeling excited about our next gathering. I love realizing how blessed I am to have an array of friends with talents and characteristics that are certainly worth copying.
4- Hearing my oldest rant about the fun he had at camp.. while on route to guitar lessons. I love how diverse my family is and that my husband and I are on the same page about encouraging our boys in the paths of their choosing. We may be crazy... but certainly CRAZY about them.
5- Having five new children come to Vacation Bible School... despite the fact that it was the last "teaching" night. I love learning that their cousin (who is five) told them they HAD TO COME! and that their Grandma was bold enough to listen to the little child. God's work... you bet ya'!!

At this moment (11:48 pm), I am filled with hope, love, joy, and EXCITEMENT for life. I want good for those around me and am proud of others and their works. Hang in there dear ones... your natural highs are coming. Look for them!! Amen.

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

No comments:

Post a Comment