Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sunday Morning Church

This morning was a lazy one. I am in the gorgeous mountains of North Carolina. I slept late... after waking to see the sun crest over the mountain from my balcony. I listened to little boys wake and talk and compromise and laugh with everything they are. I have observed (unnoticed) my sons making friends and being gentle with children smaller than them. I heard the wondrous sounds of those same small children asking, "Will you be back later? Can we play again?" Each of the three loves I am here with now has hugged and kissed me and unconsciously let me know that I am good enough and exactly what they need... right now as I am flaws and all. So.. no.. I did not sit in a pew, read from the Bible, or sing hymns... but I fill full and blessed and KNOW that these gifts are a gift from God.

"A few minutes ago every tree was excited, bowing to the roaring storm, waving, swirling, tossing their branches in glorious enthusiasm like worship. But though to the outer ear these trees are now silent, their songs never cease."
John Muir

Blessings to you.. Worship HIM wherever you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment