Saturday, July 23, 2011

HEAVEN...

So in the last twenty four hours, I have been bombarded with thoughts about Heaven. I read the book Heaven is For Real; a true account of a little boy's reported death and experience in Heaven. Trying not to spoil the story, he made it sound so inviting and confirmed that it was truly an awesome place... real awe... not the trite, over-used phrase of my adored sixth grade loves.

Around age six or so, I remember telling my mom not to cry when her grandfather passed away. I told her "he had gone to play with Jesus". Most recently, our son Alex (at age three or so), could identify my Aunt Marjorie (whom he never met on Earth) in every picture we had of her. He also shared about things he and "Old Pawpaw Drye" talked about in Heaven before he came to live with us. These things have given me comfort and made me feel peaceful about most folks' passing.

On the way home tonight, I heard a country song, "If Heaven Wasn't So Far Away". They lyrics talk about packing up the kids and heading for the day to share some time with grandpa and pets and those who have gone before us. What an exciting and (again) AWEsome thought.

I find myself with spinning thoughts and can only come up with theseconclusions... Make today the best you can. Live as if today were your last day. and TRY, try to make Earth a Heavenly place wherever you can!

Prayers needed in this endeavor and I know the blessings are awaiting. It's going to be AWEsome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment