Friday, July 1, 2011

Words.. and their Power!

Sometimes you are having a mediocre day and someone speaks to you and the day immediately gets better. Conversely, you are having a mediocre day and someone speaks to you and your day worsens. Either way.. the words spoken have power. I admit I am guilty of letting words affect me. I am an analyzer in that "you said this, but did you mean that?" kind of way. This causes me some angst. I allow other people's words to affect me. NOT A GOOD IDEA. I also must consider what MY words do to others. Are they worth hearing? Are they worth being said? Are they pleasing to the ONE who loves me most? Certainly food for thought....

"But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the Day of Judgment. For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned," (Matt. 12:36).

No comments:

Post a Comment