Sunday, July 17, 2011

Chicken Wing Ponderings...

Last night, we went to East Coast Wings for dinner with the boys and another couple. I really did not want dinner. I wanted dessert (AND SINCE we were still technically on vacation...it was a viable option). In any event, everyone read through the menu and I became fixated on ALL the options at East Coast Wings. There seemed to be a million choices! Okay, maybe seventy five. BUT LOTS TO CHOOSE FROM... nevertheless! Everyone at our table (except me) ordered their desired wings. They all arrived and looked very similar. Little brown, fried items in a variety of sauces with slight variances in color. THANKFULLY.. everyone shared one of each of their's with me. They were each unique and wonderful. Each had a different flavor and I felt like a wine connoisseur savoring the textures and blends of spices. One would be surprisingly sweet, another a bit spicy only to be followed by a comforting sweet flavor to leave you wanting more... very different. YET.. here is the thing.. they all started the same. They were chicken! This makes me think about humans. We are unique and different. We have our passions our "hot" buttons and needs and desires. Those things are like the spices of our lives. They can be blended to be distasteful and tragic or with a little tweaking and modification.. a perfect blend. Today I give thanks for the fact that God loves us enough to make us unique and wonderful. AND YES... I did only order dessert. It was shared among four of us and it was delightful.. made better by the four spoons seeking out their favorite morsels. AMEN!

Psalm 139

No comments:

Post a Comment