Thursday, February 1, 2018

February 1... Writing Challenge 2018

My Favorite Place...

is wherever there is love and laughter.  The summer after my senior year of high school, we moved from my childhood home in July.  In August of that same year, I moved to NC State.  I then moved yearly for the next seven years to different dorms in Raleigh and Boone.  This constant moving taught me that the place is not as important as the people you share it with.  And boy oh boy, did I have some amazing, fabulous, life changing people to share my spaces with.

Currently, one of my favorite places is my deck.  LOTS of reading, thinking, and general solving  of world problems goes on here. My view is scenic and the noises are usually those found in nature.  Cows, chickens, CRAZY dogs, wild squirrels, rabbits, and lots of bird commune with me as their guest and they are excellent conversationalists.

Another favorite place is my car... filled with my Freeman men and stories of the day or singalong songs.  Our time together is precious and limited due to this whole dang growing up thing and this momma is smart enough to be grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment