Wednesday, February 21, 2018

February 16... Writing Challenge

An Important Quote

Carpe Diem!!!  I first heard this quote in Latin class in 9th grade at Woodward Junior High School.  It had a fancy ring and well... (in academic snobbery).. it WAS Latin, you know!  It bounced around in my adolescent brain for a couple of years and emerged again when the amazing film, Dead Poets Society was released.  I love Robin Williams' character, John Keating, and the fire and passion he brings to his teaching.  He encourages if not demands his young charges CARPE DIEM  (seize the day).

This thought, belief, mantra is one of truth and motivation.  If you do not seize the day, you devalue yourself as a choice maker and world changer.  You let conditions and others define your life and that (for me) is not acceptable.  Some days my seizing is a train wreck and others a perfectly played concerto.  Either way.. I am not going to lollygag and mealy mouth around in a complacent fog.  I SHALL CARPE DIEM!! and CARPE DIEM the heck out of it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment