Sunday, February 25, 2018

February 23... Writing Challenge 2018

An Accomplishment I am Proud Of...

is being named Teacher of the Year for Rowan County in 2006.  I was serving as an EC (Exceptional
Children’s) teacher and was working hard to make my role impactful.  I took the role seriously and wanted to be seen as a valuable team mate in the classrooms I worked in and throughout the entire school setting.

When it was announced I was thrilled and validated.  I attended the breakfast alone and really was sad that my family or principal were not there.  As an agent of change, I advocated for the families of the finalist to be invited and to my knowledge, they have been since then even tho the announcement procedure has changed.

The year was a challenging one and I leaned a lot about the politics of school systems.  It validated that being a TEACHER was the exact thing I should confine doing and I have never looked back.

No comments:

Post a Comment