Monday, February 5, 2018

February 5... Writing Challenge 2018

What Do I Need to Be Content?

Life these days is pretty simple.  Perhaps I have reached that "certain age" where I have FINALLY... well MOSTLY... okay, okay SORT OF realized that I can't save the entire world.  I have learned to prioritize my energy and efforts (mostly because both are in limited quantities).    So contentment is not too hard to find.

The following cause me to feel content:

  • coming home and playing fetch with my crazy dogs that live on the northern end of the DMZ (more about that whole story later).  
  • a really good meal. It does not have to be expensive... just quality food that is better than what we make at our house.
  • a really great hymn or solo at church.
  • reading and resting with no demands on my time or brain.
  • trying a new recipe and getting six thumbs up from the Freeman Men.
  • seeing my children be responsible for their actions.
  • seeing a student experience success and being proud of themselves.
  • Ginger snaps and peanut butter.
  • a (terrible for me) frothy, fountain Coke, over crushed ice.
  • Sunday nights where the school week is planned with better lessons that lean to best.
  • dancing on Wednesday nights with the best ladies I know... and building our abs with laughter.
  • working hard to make good financial decisions and being able to help out when asked.
  • a day spent adventuring with no certain destination or schedule... with my guys, my mom, or another brave soul who loves me enough to try this event.
  • colleagues laughing and visiting over food they prepared that I just scheduled and got drinks for.
  • saying YES!
  • peanut M&Ms.
  • praying for others and believing fully God will answer the prayers in his time.
  • being caught up with laundry, dishes, and paper grading... if only for mere seconds at at time.
  • looking in the mirror and feeling slightly better about the person looking back... I am still working on this one, ya'll!!  #workinprogress

No comments:

Post a Comment