Friday, April 23, 2010

Friday... EOG SEASON HAS ARRIVED

Author's Note.. the following is not written in hate, disgust, or ill intent to any individual. They are simply heart-felt words from a passionate teacher who is honored to hold such a prestigious and influential position.

We are entering the season called EOGs (eee--oh--geez)
Will someone, somewhere please tell me, please?
What good this is this magnanimous test
That gives me stress and little rest?
It makes my students shiver in fear
They worry and beg..."get me out of here!"
It's a number, a formula, a wicked little score
And I am told teach the test, not children any more
My heart truly aches when they give their utmost best
AND I have to say...love..I am sorry..you failed the test
They are devastated and heartbroken, forsaken and crushed
And plead, Mrs. Freeman, but I have learned so very much!
I have new friends and teachers who love me as I am
But the test tells me I am stupid and not worth a damn
This year I've read books and laughed and loved and smiled
You've told me my life is really worth-while!
I'm sorry Mrs. Freeman, please don't be mad
I hate that I am a rotten kid and nothing but bad.
NO CHILD don't you worry for you are the best
I don't care AT ALL about some silly test
You are a miracle, a masterpiece, it's true
And no matter the score, I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU
So forget about the test and learn all you can
NO EOGs were ever in God's perfect plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment