Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Weather Fickleness

Today as I served gate duty at our baseball game, I felt rain drops. Each fan that passed through commented about how they hoped it did not rain...yet being realists they carried umbrellas, rain coats, and often blankets. I personally prayed little prayers of thanksgiving for those tiny-teensy drops that landed on my money box. Last week...some of the same people complained about needing shaded ticket booths and industrial strength fans so we would not get so hot.

I think we are simply fickle when it comes to weather. It reminds me of my sixth grade girls who ALWAYS want whatever they don't have in regards to their hair. I am grateful to live in a lovely place that affords me variety in weather. I love the fact that we have seasons...despite the fact that their lines of demarkation have become a little fluid. It annoys yet thrills me to have to "trade out" seasonal clothing to fit the weather. Which reminds me....gotta' do that this weekend!

I am probably going to face cool, humid, damp conditions in the morning....rather than complain..I am going to be thankful for the change and try not to worry about my hair as my shallow yet lovley6th grader ladies would.

No comments:

Post a Comment