Sunday, April 25, 2010

Words.....So much more!

I was asked once...what are your favorite words? The obvious were God, love, family, friends. You know the drill. But tonight I am contemplative. I am pondering the inquisition that makes my mind whirl. I really like the word possibility. This powerful word suggests hope and brighter days to come. I also like anticipation. The guarantee of something delightful, delicious, and esoterically beautiful. I can identify with loathe because nice Baptist girls in the South are not supposed to hate anything. Enamored suggests mischief and curiosity of deed. Passion.....well nice Baptist girls in the South are not supposed to talk about that one either. Yet leads me to blush..which I surprisingly often do. Overall....I am a linguist. A lover of words. A nerdy geek who keeps cards and letters....just to read them an infinite number of times and affirm that my life has meaning and is being well lived.

Perhaps the word I find most comfort in is learner. When I am that word, I am free to make mistakes, ask questions, and not be expected to be perfect. It is in that word, that I explore, analyze, and formulate my own path to understanding. I discover freedom and support and the right to be wrong. If successful with the task of learning, I become conquerer, graduate, master, expert, wise, and worthy. Throughout this process, I encompass joy....and it dear ones is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment