Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Wednesday's Wit

Today was trying....you know.... when you are TRYING to be nice, TRYING to remain patient, and TRYING not to choke the crap out of somebody! THEN...I get to go to dance. At precisely 7:15~ (okay maybe not, we are adults with responsibilities) I don my lovely size 11 tap shoes. They represent freedom and memories that are not tarnished or fading. When I approach the bar, I really try to avoid the mirrors that used to bring me such delight as a wee dancer. In those mirrors, I was the star. There were no other dancers in the class..nope...not one! My teacher only taught me..she praised only me...she delighted in me! (NOT REALLY...I know there were likely 20 or so other perfect starts among me. BUT thank you so much Miss Margie for allowing me to live this fantasy).

TODAY...when my feet are challenged to recall steps and replicate sounds learned 30+ years ago...I am the one who is delighted. When I nail the double pull back (with aging joints and way too many pounds all around) I AM SUCCESSFUL. This brings me joy, elation, and peace. I still have it and nobody can take it away from me. The shoes represent security and pure happiness. In these stolen moments, I escape the daily grind and find myself again. I am once again the star. I am perfectly and wonderfully made. AND FOR THIS MOMENT and all my many blessings, I am truly, truly grateful!

May you dance your own dance...go ahead nobody is watching! YOU ARE A STAR!!

No comments:

Post a Comment