Monday, April 19, 2010

Monday's Mischief

Today was a day....I escaped near death when my computer monitor crashed to the floor. Thanks be to God it did not break..only the keyboard wiring guts came out in my hand. SOOOOO.. I got a new one. (Thanks Chris!) It is super nice and pristine. When I installed it, it gave me a free tutorial on each and every key. This made me think...sometimes it is good and necessary to redo, from scratch, the things we have done a million times before.

Later I had the pleasure of meeting some future Erwin Eagles. A fresh batch.. a chance to do over... a Mulligan in my teaching career....WOW...what a gift!

STILL LATER...Faculty meeting. This was about our optional Cafeteria Benefits Plan. I opt not to use this because we are blessed with good health. However...I was struck by the rules and regulations of Insurance. Did you know...if you purchase a Cancer plan and commit suicide (whether sane or insane) you cannot recieve in-hospital benefits? REALLY? I pray when this life ends..I won't need to spend unnecessary days in the hospital.

LATER STILL....PTA. Our eighth grade chorus sang. I love to hear them. Our music teacher is a joy to watch and you can tell on the students' faces when she is pleased. Great kids, great teacher means GREATNESS!!!

FINALLY...I am home. I have just failed a Quiz my son gave me about North Carolina and our many travel destinations. I think that is hilarious. My mom taught NC HIstory for a gazillion years, I had to take NC History eight times in my life, and I even taught 4th grade for a year. JUST GOES TO PROVE...it's never too early to admit your ignorance and the BEST thing is I can change it!

So the evening is drawing to a close...mischief is indeed the word of the day. I have done no harm (well much) and Life is good. Hope you had an above the line, better than average day yourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment