Wednesday, January 17, 2018

January 17.... Writing Challenge 2018

A Quote that Inspires You...

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help" ~Psalm 121:1

I love this little portion of a longer Bible verse.  Having been raised in the hills of North Carolina, that is the place my heart  calls HOME!  The place where your soul finds peace and a gentle breeze whispers "everything is going to be okay."  

One key to the verse tho' is the power that lies within to lift MY eyes.  I find it darn near impossible to stay downtrodden when my eyes are upward.  How often I forget that... 

The second key is that help is available.  From a Type A Control Freak, this is hard to admit.  But oh friends, when I finally seek help, the blessings flow and flow.  I find new things to appreciate about my peers and make friends from strangers.  


No comments:

Post a Comment