Monday, January 29, 2018

January 28.. Writing Challenge 2018

My Thoughts About Today's Events

are pretty simple.  It was a great day!  One of the best we have had in a very, very long time.
Andy rose early to accompany a friend to breakfast who is considering a career change.  I thought it was awesome he agreed to go along as a listening ear and advisor on how not to get who-doed.

I dressed for church and ran to the grocery store to replace many items that had become scarce after recent cabinet raids of holidays and snow days.

When I got home, nobody was moving too quickly and I was okay with that.  I figure every once in a while God will lead you where your hearts need to be and that might not include church.

So.....we heathens took off to the movies to see Den of Thieves...which was fantastic!  We shared one popcorn, one bag of  M&Ms, and one soda...and it was delightful.

We left there and sent to a late lunch at Zaxbys and enjoyed people watching and laughing at the world around us.

We returned home and I spent the afternoon in the kitchen making each one’s requested meal and actually had the time and energy to do so.  It felt glorious!

Later we hung out a bit longer than we should’ve and had to force ourselves to go to bed because 4:45 am is EARLY.....whew, baby!

You may say...this just seems average, maybe a little boring!  But not to me... not at all.  I cherish the renewed attitude I have where life is more joyful and appreciation is a norm.

No comments:

Post a Comment