Tuesday, January 2, 2018

January 2... Writing Challenge 2018

Three Goals for this Month... The Second in A Series of Journal Prompts

 1- I want to continue to chase better health.  Pound dropping and faster workout times are nice, but my ultimate goal is a lifestyle I can manage for the remainder of my Earthly days.   An investment of time and energy in my health promotes overall wellbeing, makes me a nicer human, and makes my pants not feel like they are made completely of rubber bands.

2-  I want to WRITE every day.  Not for work, not for an assigned task, but to just explore my own thoughts and challenge my ability to perform on command.  Lots of folks keep saying, "you should write a book" and that idea always brings a little glint to my eye (and a little nausea to my stomach).  BUT THIS I DO KNOW... I will never, ever be a writer if I don't practice, practice, practice.  Day two and I am still going.. so that's a plus!!

3-  I want to do some self-reflection and determine what things, places, events, and people truly make me happy.  I am approaching a crossroads in the not too distant future where I could find myself with two roles that will not require my full attention.  One being mom... because my boys are growing and changing and will {eventually} not be sharing a roof with me.  The second being that of teacher.  I am eligible to retire in seven years.... which seems like a LONG time away, but the past seven years have flown by and I must start preparing now because I am NO GOOD at change.   The realist in me says.. teacher and mom will always, ALWAYS be a part of who am I until I breathe my last breath, but I  will have some power over how those titles and how I will infuse them into my "new" lifestyle.  I need an exit plan and a next thing... always have... always will!

As a side note, I have never been big on goals.  Perhaps that is why I am always feeling like I am NEVER finished with anything.  Let's see how this goes... stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment