Friday, January 5, 2018

January 5...Writing Challenge 2018

A Time I Don’t Want To Forget

My mind is so full of memories that feel like they will never fade.  But like the world we live in, clutter causes the beautiful things to be hidden from view.  One specific time, I don’t want to miss is a beautiful sunny summer afternoon on the deck of our condo we refer to as the Mountain  House.  

My boys had just turned three and four and they loved life.  EVERY thing was exciting and their eyes danced with each new day’s  possibilities.  This particular afternoon their awesome Nana invited them to finger paint.  And finger paint they did.....every surface in sight.  The loved covering their sweet little chubby hands with paint and “monogramming”the table, deck railing, even a wall of the building.  We stripped them down to  their underwear and they morphed themselves into Indian warriors and ancient Shahmen and monsters and things I can’t even recall.  It was innocent.  It was pure joy. It was lovely! And in those laughter filled, judgement free moments, my heart sang a tune that still finds me today as I look at the 16 and 17 year olds that stand before me. Even tho the day was nothing special or razzle dazzle by world standards, this is a time to never, ever forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment