Friday, January 26, 2018

January 24.. Writing Challenge 2018

A Project I've Been Putting Off..

is cleaning out the closet that is conveniently tucked away in a corner of our den.  I think I cleaned it out around five or seven or maybe ten years ago.

It houses a cacophony of crazy things.... extra parts, blankets for building forts, memor books, a huge bag of CD’s before music went digital, “extra” gifts for when the boys used to be invited to birthday parties and I might find the invitations minutes before we were to arrive, and really... truthfully...who knows what the heck might be in there?

I KNOW this project will be one of those ugly ones where the mess will have to get bigger before it even closely resembles better.   And really, maybe this time in my life is a bad season to unveil all those sweet moments and tokens of days gone by.  I don’t know about you, but some days I am a mess and just can’t handle facing the hard truths that life has flown by and (dare I say) I might have wasted on not appreciated even a minuscule second of it.

Maybe I will tackle this project with my sweet youngest son who has an inclination to nostalgia and “tell me the story again” moments.  He loves old photo albums and giggles no matter how many times he has heard the stories.

My oldest son (more like his momma) can only handle so much sap and sweetness. Ever unpredictable, he might acquiesce and join us down memory lane too.

I believe the old saying...you won’t know what will happen till you try.
So....next Snow Day... ready or not...closet....we are coming for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment