Saturday, January 27, 2018

January 27.. Writing Challenge 2018

A Change I Need to Make....

is one I am working on currently.  In the past several months, I was out of sorts.  I had no idea who I was and would find myself behaving in ways that were unpredictable.  Tears, sadness, and negativity were becoming by favorite bedfellows.  Laughter was  seldom heard unless it followed a biting  condescending comment that often would actually be self-deprecating.

I knew  things were different within me but I continued to convince myself I had this. I could fix myself and it was certainly within my power....because I was in control.    I believed I was choosing this behavior and that those around me deserved it because of their actions and attitudes.

Upon returning to school in January, a treasured friend and I had a quick heart to heart in the hallway and I was amazed to hear myself saying ME TOO!  We had both struggled with the holidays and our own crap attitudes and emotional roller coasters.

Right about that time, a person reached out to me on Facebook (which is not always bad).  She suggested I come to her business and get my hormone levels checked.  I was willing to try because I was hardly able to stand myself.

Fast forward two weeks.  My levels were not good and I willingly submitted to some treatment. The hormone treatments offered hope and relief from my worst enemy...my own self!

 So far...the crazy peri menopausal fog is lifting.  Laughter and positivity are predominating and it feels glorious!!  I am sad I waited so long....but really thankful to have begun to make a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment