Sunday, January 7, 2018

January 7... Writing Challenge 2018

A Trip I Want to Take This Year

This year I want to take a road trip with my sons and husband.  They are great lovers of adventure and have pulled me into their web of chaos.  Last summer, we never took a vacation at all because they were all working.  As a result, I accepted a brief stint as a Summer Camp STEM teacher at Rockwell Elementary... and that ended up being a TRIP!  For real!!  One I really never thought I would take and one I really, seriously, no sarcasm at all enjoyed.

So about this road trip.  I am thinking a trip that takes us to several points in the good old USA (land that we love).  I don't know if we could pull off the whole 48 states thing but that surely would be a great long term goal.   My boys were both asked today "where would (your mom) like to go?"  Without knowledge of the other's answer, they both said "Lake McDonald, Montana".  This makes me laugh because I think I have only mentioned this one or maybe three times after seeing an image on Pinterest.  It might not even be all that beautiful for I have done NO research.  The thing that rings true in my mind is that I said it and they remembered.  (Note to self:  choose ALL your words carefully for you NEVER know what they might remember). 

I could go toward Texas, to the Midwest, New England especially Maine... or wherever.  You see... the destination is totally unimportant.  The people I will share the journey with, the memories we will make, and the solid foundation we will lay as  dare I say, ADULT friends is the goal of my trip.

I guess I better start saving my money and get busy researching this place called Lake McDonald.  Have you ever been?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment